Everyone is always told to take the usual to college: twin mattress sheets, shower caddy, and laptop. But the really important things, like white boards and air freshener cans, are sometimes forgotten.
Here is a list of the top ten items that you can't forget to take when you head off to college.
1. Crock pot. It can't get any easier than this. You prepare your food the night before, turn the crock pot on in the morning, go to class, and when you get back to your room your food is already done. No more ramen or Chinese take out!
2. Small white board. This is for your friends (or strangers) to write nice/funny notes for you outside of your dorm room; that way you'll get to smile and laugh after getting back from a hard day of school work.
3. Pans and mixing bowls. At one point or another you're going to get the urge to make some cookies, brownies, or even a cake. It's great to have these items already at hand instead of having to go buy some at Target.
4. Headphones. If you don't have the luxury of rooming with your best friend and your roommate ends up being one of those people who don't know when to stop talking, putting your headphones in your ears and pretending to listen to music will really come in handy.
5. Starbucks reloadable gift card. In order to stay caffeinated and not go completely broke, a Starbucks reloadable gift card where your family can put money into on a monthly (maybe weekly) basis is a must!
6. Alarm clock. As hard as it may seem, you have to accept the fact that your parents aren't going to be there to wake you up every morning. Ring ring, you're an adult.
7. Air freshener. Just in case your roommate isn't as clean as you are and only chooses to shower occasionally.
8. Picture collage of family and friends. On those days that you're feeling homesick, seeing pictures of everyone back home can lift up your spirits and remind you of happy memories.
9. Netflix subscription. When you know you should be studying but all you want to do is watch Gossip Girl, Netflix is there for you with all 121 episodes.
10. Clothes hangers. You can't have wrinkled shirts! Even though dorm rooms may supply a few hangers, if you have an overload of clothes like some people do, extra clothes hangers are a necessity.